Friday, May 28, 2010

May Wah grocery

May Wah is a meatless grocery store in NYC that also has a mail order service. Apparently most of the vegetarian restaurants in NYC get their stuff from May Wah (chicken "wings" and "legs" in particular are mentioned on Yelp).

The website is easy to navigate and customer service responds quickly. The only downside is the shipping. Companies like Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe (which carries a few May Wah products) charge a lot to ship frozen food in thick styrofoam coolers with dry ice. May Wah charges about the same, but both times I've ordered the food has come in a cardboard box lined with thin styrofoam panels, and no freezer packs or evidence of dry ice. Shipping is fast on the East Coast, but I still never order when it's hot out.

I was really excited when I found their site, since I get bored of the same old grocery store brands around here. I've tried tons of their products so far (all faux meat), so I'll be adding reviews here of individual products. I'll try to get some photos up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment